Tuesday 22 October 2013

Some Decent Tunes


As it is music week in my school, I thought it was only fitting to share some of my favourite music quotes and songs.
There is simply no describing how important music is to me. Music is the magical way of escaping reality, losing your thoughts and allowing yourself to sink into the sweet melody. Music always seems to perfectly describe the way I'm feeling and never fails to put me in a happy mood.

'One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain,' - Bob Marley

'I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things.' - Tom Waits

'Pop music often tells you everything is OK, while rock music tells you that it's not OK, but you can change it.' - Bono

Iris - Goo Goo Dolls
Beautiful lyrics accompany the melody of this song. Each time I hear it, I have to stop what I'm doing and sing along.

I Want to Hold Your Hand - The Beatles
This live version of The Beatles song reminds me of their sheer power to captivate crowds of people. Their music continues to inspire musicians today.

Good Old Days - The Script
I have always enjoyed Irish bands, and recently realised that I have never been to a non-Irish gig in the O2. The Script share stories within the lyrics of their songs, and many of these are relevant to ordinary lives.

Man on the Moon - R.E.M
I've always had a love for this song, the lyrics are mesmerising. From a young age my parents and older cousins showed me the beauty of this era of music, and I haven't been able to escape it ever since.

On Top of the World - Imagine Dragons
From the very moment I heard this song, I developed an obsession for Imagine Dragons. Nothing beats dancing along to the rhythm of this song. I highly recommend it!

Fix You - Coldplay
A true Coldplay classic. I found it very difficult to pick one of their songs to share, but this one I believe has such deep emotion that I love.

The Best Day - Taylor Swift
I could never truly understand what drew me towards Taylor Swifts music. I know many people believe her songs are frivolous and all about boys, but they're not. Her songs are often relevant to life problems and the lyrics are wondrous. This song reminds me how important family is and how we must remember every single day spent together.

1 comment:

  1. not a bad list Niamh you forgot "the Black Keys" tho

    ReplyDelete